Head Trainer: Jason Torpey
After graduating from Virginia Wesleyan College in Virginia Beach, Virginia with a degree in Business, Jason began his Reining career as an Assistant Trainer for Todd Crawford, in Purcell, Oklahoma.
- 2003-2004: Assistant Trainer for Todd Crawford, Blanchard, Oklahoma. Reining and Reined Cow Horse training for 2 and 3 year olds.
- 2004-2009: Trainer for Hilldale Farms, Fayetteville TN and Princeton KY. Trained world class reining horses for clients and Hilldale Non-Pros.
- 2008-2015: Head Trainer for Torpey Performance Horses (TPH), Princeton KY. Established a premier Reining facility on a 100 acre ranch in Princeton, Kentucky. Facility is now home to over 50 head of Reining horses and prospects. There are 29 new stalls as well as a 200×100 indoor lighted arena and a 200×300 outdoor track. TPH has established abundant fenced turnout pastures and fields of alfalfa. Successful Youth and Non-Pro clients have achieved recognition at the national and international level.
- Jason is a Lifetime member of the NRHA, NRHA Professionals and a Lifetime member of the AQHA.
In just a few years of showing reining horses, Jason Torpey has achieved the following:
- Lifetime earnings: >$131,000.00
- 2014 NRHA Futurity Finalist in L2
- 2X World Champion for both Novice Horse L1 and L2 in 2013
- Ranked 2nd in the World for Novice Horse L1.
- 2010 PHBA Reserve Champion
- 2009 ranked 4th in World L1 and L2 in Novice Horse.
- 2008: Congress Limited Open Futurity Champion
- 2008-2010: Numerous Futurity and Derby Affiliate Champions
Business Manager: Jim Torpey, MBA
Jim is one of the Co-Founders of Torpey Performance Horses. He brings with him over 40 years of Business and Accounting experience. He retired with over 20 years in the United States Navy, has been the Accountant for a Consulting Firm for 20 years and assisted in the establishment of TPH 7 years ago.
Veterinarian: Brad Stubblefield DVM
Dr. Brad Stubblefield joined our team in 2008. Originally from Paducah, Dr. Stubblefield is an Auburn University graduate and has been a veterinarian in Western Kentucky for over 15 years. He is a key team member in keeping our horses sound and show ready. Brad also is our breeding Vet with vast experience in the breeding arena.
Assistant Trainer: Alex Case
Alex comes to us as a native of Greenville, Michigan where he grew up on a horse farm, starting horses at the age of 12. He has been riding and training young horses for years now working with several NRHA Professionals. Most recently Alex graduated from Farrier School in Oklahoma City. We welcome his riding skills as a valued addition to our team.
Farrier: Rich Harrington
Rich has been our original Farrier since inception. He shoes all breeds of horses but specializes in Reining horses. Rich is a graduate of Oklahoma Horseshoeing School in Purcell, Oklahoma and brings 20 years of experience to the table. Our many successes and a number of World Champions is a tribute to his excellent work. He hails from Virginia and travels 14 hours every month to take care of our horses.